Senior Business Intelligence Analyst & Instructor
Work as a key member of Data Society’s Technology Solutions team supporting analytic development using PowerBI and other tools in the Microsoft 365 suite. Under little direct supervision, you will be responsible for the development of analytical solutions and most efficient database solutions for our clients. As part of a team, you will support the evaluation and selection of solutions that meet our customer requirements and needs. As Data Society has a training division in addition to its technology development practice, you may be asked from time-to-time to assist in the development of PowerBI training materials, as well as delivery PowerBI training courses. While over the course of any given year, we would anticipate that the as much as half of your time may be spent on either the training or the technology development work, while you are staffed on a project, we anticipate that you will be committed to that project on a full-time basis.
In alignment with the terms of the contracts this position will be supporting, hiring for this position will have a preference to individuals in the Metro DC or Metro Richmond, VA areas, though for the right person this will be a remote role. As this role will support government contracts, you must be able to meet pertinent criminal and citizenship requirements. The salary for this position will be between $100,000-$130,000 per year. In addition, this position will be eligible for full benefits including Unlimited PTO, 17 paid holidays in 2023, Healthcare, 401k, Metro Transit subsidy, Paid Parental Leave, and Paid Disability.
- Utilize SQL to clean, digest, and output data that can be consumed by clients and utilized by software engineers.
- Utilize PowerBI, SQL, and potentially other methods to sort, analyze, and visualize data.
- Create visualizations using graphs, charts, infographics, or other useful methods.
- Develop PowerBI dashboards including data pipelines that include ETL in DAS and SQL, as well as connections to outside data sources.
- Evaluate new data sources for adherence to the organization's quality standards and ease of integration.
- Consult on complex projects and operate as a top-level contributor/specialist.
- Work with Data Society’s instructional design team to develop PowerBI and other BI training programs.
- Deliver PowerBI training courses to Data Society’s clients with the assistance of Data Society’s instructional design team.
- Ability to learn quickly supporting clients in a variety of industries.
Skills you bring:
- Fluency with Microsoft PowerBI Superior team-working skills, and a desire to learn, contribute, and explore.
- Prior experience in applied data science research data analytics, or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Strong and verbal written communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to perform functional and data requirements analysis, and implementation of data analytics projects, analyze customer requirements and provide solution recommendations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
At Data Society, we don’t just accept differences - we celebrate them, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Data Society is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Data Society does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters.