Data Engineer/ETL Specialist
Data Society is looking for a driven, detail-oriented Data Engineer to support our efforts with the US Department of Justice (DOJ). You will be responsible for data mining, formatting, storage, and access of a variety of PII. You will be supporting a team of top-rate engineers, working alongside them to clarify the story that their data tells. The team utilizes a variety of programming and analytical tools, and the important part of working in this role is being adept with ETL techniques and best practices.
- Prepare analytical files and databases.
- Conform to data governance and quality best practices.
- Apply ETL methods and accurately use ETL software.
- Perform technical and mathematical programming of data and solutions.
- Work within AWS data solution development.
- Utilize various software and languages while working on data and collaborating across teams, including but not limited to SQL, Python, and SAS.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Three (3) years of work experience working in enterprise data management on projects of similar magnitude and complexity.
- Must be a US Citizen per Federal requirement.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
In alignment with the terms of the contract, salary will be between $80,000 to $90,000 per year. In addition, this position will be eligible for full benefits including Unlimited PTO, 17 paid holidays in 2023, Healthcare, 401k, Metro Transit subsidy, Paid Parental Leave, and Paid Disability.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
At Data Society, we don’t just accept differences - we celebrate them, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Data Society is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Data Society does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters.