About the job:
In your role as a UX/UI Designer and Researcher, you will be responsible for all phases of our user experience design – from analysis to execution. Your expertise will be used to guide the continued growth and development of our client experiences - from concept and user stories, to interactive design prototypes. As part of our tech team and our UX/UI lead of a team that will be built around you, you’ll work with world-class software engineers, data scientists, and instructional designers to analyze, design, and implement interfaces for software platforms for major corporate and government clients. This is a unique opportunity to drive a creative vision to develop beautiful and inspiring education and AI software products used by large audiences.
In alignment with the terms of the contract, there is a preference for someone local Washington, DC, but this position can be remote within the US for the right candidate. The salary will be between $100,000-$140,000 per year, depending on experience. In addition, this position will be eligible for full benefits including Unlimited PTO, 17 paid holidays in 2023, Healthcare, 401k, Metro Transit subsidy, Paid Parental Leave, and Paid Disability Insurance.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead discovery of client needs, internal and external, and translate them into creative, moving, and functional designs
- Develop technical and creative requirements with teams to support client needs
- Create user stories and wireframes
- Create product navigation maps, storyboards, process flows, and graphic items
- Develop product mockups and prototypes in collaboration with our technical and client service teams
- Create prototypes and wireframes specific to client requirements
- Build original graphic items including buttons, tables, menus, tabs, and widgets
- Conduct usability testing and evaluate interface changes Implement changes or advancements to work product based on the result of testing and feedback
- A creative mind passionate about solving complex UX challenges and creating wonderful experiences for users of technology
- A passion for beauty and elegance in design You're excited to work in a fast-moving start-up environment and craft innovative products powered by AI You love building high-impact, well-performing user experiences
- Design is a way of life and thinking for you - it permeates how you think about the world
- You love challenges and finding creative solutions for them
- You love creative freedom and are an independent professional comfortable working in an unstructured environment with guidance limited to product mission and use case vision
Skills you bring:
- 5+ years of experience UX project management experience
- Experience driving the design process from concept to software completion and deployment
- Experience working with software engineering teams
- Strong communication skills including the ability to discuss technical concepts with non-technical teammates or clients
- Knowledge of graphic design, persona development, accessibility, and client management
- A portfolio demonstrating depth and breadth of skill in UX/UI design and human-computer interaction
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
At Data Society, we don’t just accept differences - we celebrate them, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Data Society is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Data Society does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters.