Data Science Instructor (Independent Contractor)
Our Data Science Instructor is a dynamic opportunity that combines your passion for teaching with your data science experience. As an independent contractor (1099) with Data Society, you'll have the freedom to teach classes that you're interested in, when you're available for them - and still be part of an engaged, communicative team.
You’ll interact with professionals across countries and industries to help them understand how they can use data science to advance their careers and transform how industries are run. This includes delivering training and helping design the most intuitive and effective data science training experience on the web. Your position is key in communicating the students' needs to leadership and instructional designers and maintaining a steady focus on opportunities to enhance the student experience. While we are currently running all of our training programs online, there may be opportunity for travel once it is deemed safe to do so.
- Leading engaging and intuitive onsite and live-streaming trainings for a professional audience
- Supporting students via email after training
- Learning of additional client needs through conversations with students and key client stakeholders
- Working with the instructional design and data science teams to develop and improve content
- Help train other instructors as needed
Skills you bring:
You are excited to pass on your knowledge and experience to a professional audience. You are passionate about STEM and believe in making high-quality, intuitive education accessible to all. You are passionate about helping students achieve their objectives and want to have a job where you interact with professionals and help them solve the challenges that they face. You are an engaging speaker who is comfortable working in a professional environment, delivering trainings in front of senior staff in the federal government and Fortune 500 companies.
- Fluency in R programming and Python programming OR
- Deep knowledge of Tableau and Excel
- Expertise of key machine learning techniques including clustering, classification, regression, text mining, and neural networks
- Knowledge of how above techniques can be applied to solve industry problems
- At least 2 years of data science work experience
- Expertise in Excel and SQL
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
At Data Society, we don’t just accept differences - we celebrate them, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Data Society is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters.