Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Work as a key member of Data Society’s Technology Solutions team supporting analytic development using PowerBI and other tools in the Microsoft 365 suite. Under little direct supervision, you will be responsible for the development of analytical solutions and most efficient database solutions for our clients. As part of a team, you will support the evaluation and selection of solutions that meet our customer requirements and needs.
Per the contracts supporting this position, due to the nature of the work you will be doing, you must be a US Citizen. The salary for this position will be between $100,000-$130,000 per year. In alignment with the terms of the contracts this position will be supporting, hiring for this position will have a preference to individuals in the Metro DC or Metro Richmond, VA areas, though for the right person this will be a remote role. In addition, this position will be eligible for full benefits including Unlimited PTO, 17 paid holidays in 2023, Healthcare, 401k, Metro Transit subsidy, Paid Parental Leave, and Paid Disability
- Utilize SQL to clean, digest, and output data that can be consumed by clients and utilized by software engineers.
- Utilize PowerBI, SQL, and programming languages such as R or Python to sort, analyze, and visualize data.
- Create visualizations using graphs, charts, infographics, or other useful methods.
- Evaluate new data sources for adherence to the organization's quality standards and ease of integration.
- Consult on complex projects and operate as a top-level contributor/specialist. Ability to learn quickly supporting clients in a variety of industries.
Skills you bring:
- Fluency with Microsoft PowerBI, especially with developing dashboards, analyses, and data pipelines
- Superior team-working skills, and a desire to learn, contribute, and explore.
- Prior experience in applied data science research, data analytics, or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Fluency in SQL, and/or other programming languages such as R or Python.
- Strong and verbal written communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to perform functional and data requirements analysis, and implementation of data analytics projects, analyze customer requirements and provide solution recommendations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
At Data Society, we don’t just accept differences - we celebrate them, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Data Society is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Data Society does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters.